General gaming forum. Talk about all other games here. Think you have found the next big thing? Post your garbage thread here.

Moderator: Officer

By Red2112
Today Heliborne has left it´s early access status to final release. With added single-player, co-op multiplayer, as well as PvP, and a night map, this is one fun of a game. Some (like me) might remember "Gunship 2000", so yeah get in da choppa! :D

Humble Bundel:
Heliborne

Steam:
Heliborne

Jingles tell´s you about it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaxFL3NnmQQ

Just look for me in-game if you like (Red2112)

Care,

Red

--
By Apocalypse 31
Just picked it up and put a few hours in.

I'm not a fan of World of....anything. I hate grinding for unlocks and rank, I will never pay to win, and I'm not into PvP. Sadly, this game might as well be World of Helicopters, as it follows the same model, even much of the same UI.

With that being said, it's fun, especially with good teamwork. The missions aren't easy and the mission timers are short.

There are only a few maps, so I can see this getting repetitive quickly.
By Red2112
Apocalypse 31 wrote:Just picked it up and put a few hours in.

I'm not a fan of World of....anything. I hate grinding for unlocks and rank, I will never pay to win, and I'm not into PvP. Sadly, this game might as well be World of Helicopters, as it follows the same model, even much of the same UI.

With that being said, it's fun, especially with good teamwork. The missions aren't easy and the mission timers are short.

There are only a few maps, so I can see this getting repetitive quickly.
Hmm, sorry to read that Apoc. It´s fun and I think it would be even more as a team, but that´s just me. Hopefuly they will add more maps and other stuff, at least the team (small dev) seems to be willing to do so and keep on growing. The upgrades don´t take that long, and there´s plenty of games that use that same system, be it as upgrades or as a tech tree so I don´t mind that.

Any how, I like helo´s too so I guess Iam a bit biased by that.
By Apocalypse 31
I'm a big fan of heli's and I do a lot of flying. ArmA, DCS, Choplifter, Gunship, Enemy Engaged, etc. If its a game that has rotors, chances are that i've played it.

For the amount that I play, I dont see this game lasting long on my HD. I one day I've already unlocked most of the medium transport class up to the UH60M model and working on the scout class.

There are only 4 maps for coop - not much to keep a guy busy.
By Red2112
Iam suprised to see such a good ping on the US server´s from here in EU. I thought I was in the same game as you but I was wrong, it was someone else called "Apoc" :mrgreen: No wonder he didn´t say anything!

Good fun over all, and things do get nasty when you play with the big boy´s and level III. My Squad so far in level III...
- AH-1J
- MD-500 (I fly one in Prepar3dv4 - Milviz MD-500)
- UH-60A Heil the Black Hawk!

Learning new stuff too on the way..

Hope to catch ya next time Apoc!
By Red2112
Garmon wrote:So world in tanks but with helicopters?
Iam not sure, because I don´t play WoT. I have played Armored Warfare (similar to WoT), and well yeah you do need to get XP points to upgrade/buy a better helo, but most MMO´s are like that to some point. All I think of is "is it fun for me", which it is, and as a team I would think even more. That´s just my opinion though... ;)
By Garmon
Red2112 wrote:
Iam not sure, because I don´t play WoT. I have played Armored Warfare (similar to WoT), and well yeah you do need to get XP points to upgrade/buy a better helo, but most MMO´s are like that to some point. All I think of is "is it fun for me", which it is, and as a team I would think even more. That´s just my opinion though... ;)
I'm not judging here mate. I actually enjoyed WoT for quite a while.
By Red2112
Garmon wrote:
Red2112 wrote:
I'm not judging here mate. I actually enjoyed WoT for quite a while.
No, never thought that, I myself have a bunch of hours with Armored Warfare (TIR-10). As long as you have fun, that´s what counts! Another fun game, but I think the online count is low on this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEIK1zfegPc

We need CO, XO, FO's and MECHINF MD

Arma Session 17/12/2017

I'm a "maybe"again. Sory guys. really wa[…]

A2 in there Drunk as a skunk in ireland: Kingt[…]

Plastic fantastic (A girl a day)

https://i.imgur.com/T5TKVPH.png